The shop was first opened as a Bicycle shop by “Pawlu l’Ghawdxi” as “Bonnici Cycle Store” in the early 1900’s. After the 2nd world war the shop introduced tools and changed its name to Handkrafts, entering the 2nd generation. Later on souvenirs were also introduced and in the 1950’s, toys. In 1975 the shop had its first extensive renovation with three new shop floors being added, more than doubling the floor area. In 1980 the shop entered its 3rd generation. In April 1999 the shop had its second major renovation bringing the shop into the new millennium. In February 2002 die cast models were introduced, immediately making us one of the top model and toy shops on the island, catering from baby’s toys to big boy’s toys.
We currently stock over 6,000 different toys and over 4,000, different die cast models as well as being the exclusive distributors for the various brands.